Share on Facebook
by Jay Traugott
Dozens of new cars come through the Motor Trend garage every year, but here are the cars that ran the 0-60 the quickest in 2012.
The staff of automotive publications like Motor Trend drives dozens of new cars every year. While some may be as spectacular as the Lamborghini Aventador, journalists staff also get behind the wheel of cars like the Honda Civic. But through it all, it's the fastest and most powerful cars that are the most fun. Now Motor Trend has published the 10 quickest-accelerating vehicles from 0-60 mph its editorial team tested in 2012. It must be so hard for those editors to get up and go to work every morning.
1) 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S: 2.7 sec.
2) 2012 Lamborghini Aventador: 2.8 sec.
3) 2013 Nissan GT-R Black: 2.8 seconds
4) 2012 McLaren MP4-12C - 2.9 seconds
5) 2013 Corvette ZR1 - 3.4 seconds
6) 2013 SRT Viper GTS - 3.4 seconds
7) 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 - 3.5 seconds
8) 2013 Audi S8 - 3.5 seconds
9) 2012 Mercedes SLS Roadster: 3.6 sec.
10) 2013 BMW M5: 3.7 seconds